In recent years, TikTok has become a popular application for posting short videos. Whether it’s “How To” videos or funny stunts, TikTok is a great platform for individuals to express themselves.
Over 800 million people around the world use this social platforms like Facebook and Instagram. With options like adding music and filters, you may want to create a video and save it for later. You can create a great video and post it when people are more likely to be online, resulting in more views and engagements.
You will learn how to save and retrieve drafted videos in TikTok in this article.
Make a Draft Video in TikTok
TikTok offers two options for creating drafts. In TikTok, you can record and save drafts, or shoot outside of TikTok and keep them on your phone.
Create a draft by following these steps:
- Tap the ‘+’ sign centered at the bottom of the TikTok application.
- Just like you normally would, record your video.
- Make your video more interesting by adding filters, music, etc.
- Tap on the red circle with a white checkmark once you’ve made the necessary adjustments.
- Tap ‘Next’ to move forward to the publish page after adding stickers, music, or filters.
- Click on ‘Drafts’ in the upper left-hand corner, then confirm that you want to save it as a draft.
Shooting multiple scenes at once is ideal for making different videos. These videos can be edited and worked on and then published when they’re ready.
Your video can also be captured on your phone camera and kept there until you need it.
- Save your video on your phone after you record it.
- You can shoot a video by selecting the ‘+’ icon.
- In the bottom right corner, click Upload.
- Choose the video you want to use.
- Place the video in the timeline as needed and click Next.
- Make any edits you need and click Next.
- Hit the Post button and add any tags or captions you wish.
The result is exactly the same as if the video had been shot on TikTok. The difference will not be noticeable to anyone viewing it.
Find Drafts in TikTok
Video drafts will be stored in your Gallery. As we set them to private, no one else can see them, so they’ll remain there until you’re ready to use them. You can publish from your Gallery when you’re ready.
- Click on the profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen, it says “Me”
- Go to Drafts and select the video you drafted
- Select any adjustments you’d like to make, such as comments or viewer settings.
- Depending on your preferences, you can change ‘Who can watch this video’.
- Your video will go live when you click on ‘Post’ in the lower right corner.
You will then be able to view your video live, and it will be available to your chosen audience.
Editing Drafts in TikTok
After you locate your Draft, you can edit it again before posting. Please follow the instructions above to locate your draft. When you reach the pre-post screen asking for a description, click the back arrow located in the upper left corner. You will be taken back to the editing screen.
If you need to make any adjustments, click ‘Next’ and post.
Public and Private Videos in TikTok
When creating a draft, you may want to set your video to private. TikTok gives you the option to set your video as private or public. It’s a precautionary measure to prevent you from accidentally releasing the video before you’re ready. Private videos will remain private if you select them randomly and publish them.
There are differences between public videos and private videos. The information is public. Anyone using TikTok will be able to access it. For marketing, you’ll probably use public videos most of the time, but keeping them private until you’re ready to publish is an extra security measure.
Even after a video is published, you can change it to private at any time.
- In TikTok, select the video you want to make private.
- The more icon can be found at the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose Only me on the Who can watch this video option when you select the padlock icon.
Users will no longer be able to view your video in TikTok’s search results. This can also be reversed to make a private video public.
Delete A Video In TikTok
The process of deleting a video on TikTok is also very straightforward. Although it’s the nuclear option, the video will disappear from the network entirely. It is recommended to make the video private, but you can delete it if you need to.
- TikTok users can open the video from within the app.
- The options can be scrolled by selecting the more icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the trash icon.
- Please confirm your choice.
In order to delete videos in bulk, you’ll need to do this for each video you wish to delete.
There may be several drafts saved in the TikTok app, or just one. It can be deleted if you wish.
- Click on the “Me” profile icon located in the lower left corner of the TikTok app
- You can open the videos you have drafted
- In the upper right corner, tap ‘Select’
- You can delete drafts by tapping the bubbles next to them
- In the pop-up box, click ‘Discard’ to confirm deletion
There are a few steps you need to follow, but some have accidentally deleted important drafts.
Several users have reported accidentally deleting important apps. Clearing the app’s cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, or clicking ‘Delete’ can cause this.
TikTok does not have a way to recover a deleted draft. There are some third-party apps that can help you recover a deleted TikTok draft, but we can’t guarantee they’ll work.
It’s important to read the reviews before downloading third-party apps because installing them can cause problems for your phone as well.
Your phone’s deleted cache will also need to be accessed by the application. Keep a backup of all draft videos and don’t empty your cache to avoid accidentally deleting them in the future.
Save the draft to your device, and backup your phone to Google Photos, iCloud, Dropbox, Samsung Cloud, or any other service. Your draft can easily be posted to TikTok by signing in on your new device.
Choosing the ‘Upload’ option to the right of the record button will allow you to upload your draft. By selecting it from the cloud, you can post your draft as you normally would.